by Steven DaSilva
This routine works for me...It probably borders on over training but I train to relieve stress and feel good. The muscle building part is secondary to how working out makes me feel mentally.
I work out 6 days a week with taking Fridays off. Here's my work out plan
Monday - Back and Biceps - Back exercises
first as its a larger muscle
Typical BACK workout
1. Weighted wide pull-ups 4 sets of 6 -8
2. Close grip pull downs 4 sets of 6 - 8
3. 1 arm heavy dumbbell rows 3 sets of 8
4. 1 arm Seated rows 3 sets of 8
5. Smith machine bent over rows 3 sets of 6 -8
6. 1 set of 20 dead lifts to finish it off
Tuesday - Shoulders and abs
Typical shoulder workout
1. Smith machine heavy weight military presses - 4 sets of 6 -8
2. Smith machine behind the neck presses - 3 sets of 6 - 8
3. Smith machine heavy upright rows - 3 sets of 6
4. Seated dumbbell presses (heavy) 4 sets of 6 - 8
5. Seated lateral raises - 4 sets
6. Seated front raises 4 sets
7. Go for the burn - standing cable lateral raises (for those striations)
Wednesday - CHEST AND TRI's and ABS
Typical Chest Routine
1. Flat Barbell bench press - Heavy 4 sets of - 6 - 8, 1 last set do your
2. Smith machine incline presses - Heavy 5 sets of 6 - 8
3. Flat dumbbell press - Heavy (120 lbs) - 3 sets
4. Flat dumbbell flies
5 Cable cross overs
6 go for the burn - dips.... 3 sets
Thursday - Biceps and Back
Do biceps first then light back work out
Friday - REST DAY
Saturday - LEGS and EGGS (Good 21/2 hr leg session)
1. Breathing squats are a must....
SUNDAY - TRI's and Chest
Do Tri's first (heavy) then light chest day
I eat 5 small (most of the time) meals a day. I have a nice breakfast.
Usually 6 boiled egg whites, Bowl of mueslix cereal, one banana or fruit,
and cup of yogurt...
Protein shake or chicken breast.
Usually have 2 sandwiches (Ham & cheese, turkey breast, etc, on 12 grain
Protein shake or chicken breast
4:30 PM - Yogurt or some simple carbohydrate (one roasted YAM)
5:30 PM - work out
7:30 PM - Dinner (meat, salad, and veggies)
Creatine, ThermoGen fat burner, Policosonal,
fish oil capsules, Yohimbe, Saw
palmetto, Have occasionally done ANDRO ...
All health, fitness, diet, nutrition & supplement information presented on bbpics.com pages is intended as an educational resource and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website.
Please consult with your own physician or health care practitioner regarding the suggestions and recommendations made at bbpics.com. Neither the author of the information, nor the producer, nor distributors of such information make any warranty of any kind in regard to the content of the information presented on this website. Neither bbpics.com, nor any of its authors or other representatives will be liable for damages arising out of, or in connection with the use of this site. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties.